Wednesday, October 13, 2010

M is for Massachusetts
ABC Wednesday

Well, I've been out for a week, so I'm behind on all the Halloween stuff I was going to post before moving on to Samhain!  At this point, it might just have to wait until next year!  But before I discuss more serious topics, I thought I'd mention, for my ABC Wednesday post this week, the Festival of the Dead in Salem, Massachusetts.

The Witches in Salem really know how to celebrate in style!  I've never been, but I've dreamt about doing so every year since I first heard about it.  They've turned their dark and sad history into a bright and glittering celebration, not to mention business.

Whatever you seek, they've got.  From the Psychic Faire and Witchcraft Expo to the Vampire's Masquerade Ball, from Ghost Hunting 101 to the Dumb Supper, there seems to be something there for everyone.  All leading up to the grand event, their crowning glory, The Official Salem Witches' Halloween Ball.

So if you get the chance, go!  (And don't forget to write and tell me about it!)  Or maybe some of you have already been?  What did you think?

Attending in my imagination . . .

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, there! I live in Massachusetts and I actually thought of featuring my part of the state for ABC Wednesday's "M". I'm glad you did!
I live in western MA and I've never been to Salem around Halloween and share your desire to attend. Both my daughters want to go as well. It is on my "bouquet" list. :-D

I'm not quite a pagan but I do have those inclinations. ;-)

Thanks for your visit and Happy Halloween!

Misfit in Paradise said...

My Father and his wife went several years ago. They loved it.

Donna - ABC Wednesday

Jingle said...

great way to honor your state.

Roger Owen Green said...

I'm across the border in NYS but enjoy trekking to the Bay State. Maybe we can do Salem on Halloween someday.

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

CousinLinda said...

Thank you all for the comments! I'm glad to see yet another positive review of the festival, Donna. And I hope to see you and your daughters there someday, Pagan Sphinx, and you, ROG. And thanks, Jingle, but I can't claim it as mine!

Cheryl said...

I'm about 30 miles from Salem but will be away during the festivities. I've never thought about heading down there at Halloween just because I'd be surrounded by tourists (like me!)