A personal update:
- He and I will have more time together, something we’ve sorely been missing the last two and a half years.
- He really, really hated the job. Besides the long commute (an hour or more one-way) and the even longer hours, there were conference calls scheduled to start at 9:30 pm on some nights, and phone calls at all hours of the day and night, even on weekends, even on supposed vacation days.
- I really, really hated the job. We got to spend very little time together, as I mentioned above, and he was often answering phone calls or email in that little time. Thanks to the company’s quasi-human rights violations attitude, I wound up spending Thanksgiving alone one year and Ostara alone this year—both times because of last-minute trips to Asia that couldn’t or wouldn’t be postponed. He was even asked to come in on Yule itself, in the middle of a three-week “vacation” last year. And he was always depressed and/or stressed out, and always, always sleep-deprived.
- We will no longer have to pay $500 in toll-road charges every month.
- His embarkation on a job search gives us both motivation to start diets and an exercise program.
- Even though we may be forced to sell the house at a loss, we will finally sell the house (if we need to move)!!!
- The possibilities that come with a new job and a move to a new place are always interesting and exciting.
- CHANGE IS GOOD.