Monday, August 3, 2015

Old (Good) Habits

I spent a large part of today doing something I used to do all the time, but haven't done in a long, long time--reading other people's blogs.  Sure, I've read the occasional blog here and there, but once upon a time I made it a habit to keep up with a number of them.

Why was it a good habit?  Partially because I avoid any kind of official news source like the proverbial plague.  I tend to learn about things going on in the world through social media, including blogs.  Also because many, many times reading others' blogs would be inspiration for my own.  (I was writing more about the Craft then.  I'm willing to let myself go on this a while longer, as I try to establish a habit of writing again, about anything, but I do want to get back to that eventually.)  Lastly, it helped me connect to people in a non-threatening way that my very introverted self really needs.

I had a ton of things to do, so I felt guilty about doing it, but at the same time it felt good.  I'll definitely need to make more time for it in the future.

What habits have you let go that you wish you hadn't?

No comments: