Thursday, February 9, 2012

What HASN'T Changed?

Wow!

I've been subconsciously avoiding the web lately (my blogs, Facebook, everything!) because I've needed to focus my attention on so many other areas of my life.  I hadn't realized, but the thought of trying to keep up with web stuff TOO was completely overwhelming.

I'm feeling better now, though.  I feel more settled, even if many things are still up in the air.

As many of you know, we've been trying to sell our house, on and off, for about three years now.  And with DH's new job last June, it became imperative that we do so.  We cast a spell to make the house attractive to potential buyers--everyone LOVED it, raved about how wonderful it was, but no one made an offer.  We cleansed the entire property of negative energy--we got two very weak and too low offers.  Then, finally, in desperation, I cast an off-the-cuff spell to actually SELL the place.

This went along with the risky strategy to actually RAISE the price from the original asking price set in June.  We'd never done it, our realtor had never tried it, but it was the only thing that made sense, for various reasons.

Within two weeks of raising the price and within three days of casting that last spell, we had not one but TWO very good offers!  (I guess it pays to be careful what you ask for.)  We accepted one of them late on the evening of December 30th, just a couple of hours before the secular New Year's Eve.  I don't know if I've ever been so relieved!

Since then, it's been meetings and appraisal dates and what have you.  Crazy!  We finally met the conditions and can now consider the house "Sold" a couple of weeks ago!

We began the process of finding a new house the first weekend in January, as soon as we could after the holiday.  We found two that we really liked, even if they were a bit farther from DH's job than we liked.  We were weighing the pros and cons of each and trying to make a decision when we found out about "some job thing that cannot be mentioned yet."  Because of this yet-to-be-announced change, we're once more in limbo, waiting to see whether we should buy a house or just rent one.  More on that later, but whatever happens, we're committed to closing on this house (and therefore being out of it) by March 30th!

At the same time those changes are going on, we've started roleplaying again.  I know that doesn't sound like a big change to most of you, but trust me, it is.  DH and I both love it, and we hadn't done it for the last few years because we were in limbo.  (Never mind that we're even more in limbo now!) But in the space of a month or so, we've got two games going.  A one-shot this weekend, and a Shadowrun campaign to run indefinitely.  And, let me tell you, it feels GOOD to be writing up characters and getting ready to play again.

I feel as if we're in a grand adventure in both our real and our fantasy lives!


No comments: