Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Appreciation Journals

I'm not sure how much validity this has, 'cause I love journaling anyway, but I'm really enjoying my new practice of keeping an appreciation journal.  I think it is slowly changing my thinking to more positive avenues.  And I especially love that Don is doing it, too, so we can read our entries to each other after we're done, and about 1/2 the time, they're about the same things!  And I totally love the actual physical book itself, with it's pretty pastel colors, faux weathered pages, and soft cover--I love touching it and looking at it, as well as writing in it. 

As to the actual appreciation part of it, I had no idea how much I truly had to be appreciative of in my life.  I mean, I could always find at least 5 things to list about how much I appreciate my husband, but that seems like cheating--after all, I'm not trying to keep a Don-is-great-and-wonderful journal (though he is).  So I try really hard to come up with 5 things I appreciate that are not about him, at least not directly. And I keep thinking of items!  AND I'm noticing more and more with each passing day.  I do actually find myself noticing things throughout the day that I could list at night when I write my entry.  It's nice.

No comments: